Brides planning their wedding fawn over beautiful photos of couples in exotic places, sharing meaningful glances and lingering kisses. You may think that this style of photo is unattainable for your real life wedding – but golden light and lovely scenery, as in the image shown here (taken by Victoria Danielle Photography via Groom Sold Separately) aren’t only for fairy tales. Here are some tips to ensure your wedding photos live up to your romantic fantasy.
2. Make a list of shots you want, including people and decor.
3. During the reception, have your photographer focus on you while their assistant gets candids of the guests and shots of the decorations.
5. Schedule a post-wedding photo shoot. It could be the day after or a month after. The point is to get all dressed up and have a couples session in your favorite location. This gives the photographer more time for creativity. Also, without the wedding day nerves and guests to entertain, you can get more natural photos.
7. Be willing to work with your photographer. You will have your list of shots and your ideas, but it is always a good idea to be open to new things.
8. Relax. Some people find that taking a shot, stretching or meditating for a few minutes, or doing a few silly improv warm-ups can help ease their nerves. You will have more fun and it will show in your photos.
10. Take note of trends in photography, but also have your photographer take some traditional photos. Color and drama are big these days, but in 20 years you might wish you had something a little more understated to display.